Lemon, Leek, Zucchini, Parmesan, White Wine, Stock, Salt and Pepper, Arborio Rice Risotto
Preparation time: Longer than it took Nadia Comaneci to train for Montreal.
Serves: More people than you think.
Degree of Difficulty: Easier than sitting through a friend’s play, but harder than having hemorrhoids at a wake.
- Zest some lemon.
- Sauté onion, garlic and leek in a cast iron pan with some beautiful butter and some beautiful olive oil.
- Add in (Insert name of sponsor here) Arborio rice and cook until it’s as translucent as a well-worn nightie.
- Add lemon zest and herbs, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add white wine.
- Warm stock in a separate saucepan.
- When wine is absorbed, begin to gradually ladle in stock. Stir until all the stock has been absorbed. You may need to add in more liquid if the rice is still uncooked.
- Stir through Parmesan and a little extra butter. Leave to sit for a few minutes.
- Serve with a light rocket salad or a garland made from lemon pips and thyme stems.
 Remove for FODMAP version.
 Remove for FODMAP version.
 Use two sprigs if parsley is readily available in your neighbour’s garden/you’ve had a pay-rise and have chosen to spend up big on fresh market herbs (we’ve all been there! LOL!).
 So, according to McCartney, FODMAP people are allowed to have the green part of the leek. If we’d known this when making the other recipes we most certainly would have used green leek in the other dishes, you know, just to give them SOME flavour.
 If you’ve run out of white wine just use nail polish remover.
 NB Producers: Insert name of sponsor when we convince someone to support The Katering Show Lifestyle Hub Brand!™
Use Massel 7’s stock cubes for FODMAP version. (Please note: Masell are in no way affiliated or connected to The Katering Show Lifestyle Hub Brand!™)
 Be careful not to zest your knuckles. No-one wants your finger skin in their food – unless, of course, you have food intolerances and need the finger skin for flavour; in which case, Knuckle, zest away.
 Isn’t ‘saute’ such a sexy word? We wish someone would ‘saute’ us right now! Also, cast iron pans are great to use for cooking and killing people.
 McLennan says ‘My nighties get so translucent! Does anyone else have this problem? They barely hide anything! I may as well be totally and utterly naked for all the good they do!’
 We pour ours out from a wineglass because even cooking wine deserves to feel special.
 Ideally you’d do this on a stove in the same kitchen as the one in which you’re cooking the rice. If you have to put the stock on a stove in someone else’s house it could all get a bit laboured, so just tip it straight into the pan instead.
 This step can take some time so you should wear suitable footwear and install a reliable catheter for the cooking process.
Use the Ingredients Above
- Throw everything in the Thermomix.
- Press a button and watch on as all your fine motor skills and reason for being gently slip away!
CONGRATULATIONS! You made a risotto!
In the time it’s taken to make a risotto you could have:
a) Taken a cruise around Brisbane.
b) Learnt how to use a whipper snipper.
c) Formed a friendship with Carrie Bickmore.
See next week’s edition for a full list of answers!